Sunday, May 17, 2009

Progress

Just a quick update.

I think I might have fixed the big plot hole in my manuscript that was preventing me from going forward (finally). This required that I delete about 5k words and add about 8k more. I had to add two chapters inbetween my original chapters 3 & 4, which not only made me renumber all the other chapters, but I then had to go back and change everything from CHAPTER THREE ON in order to make those changed fit.

I'm at about 57k words now...and I think I might might just be on the home stretch here. With that big plot hole fixed, the end is certainly in site. That, or the light at the end of the tunnel I'm seeing is an oncoming train.

OH YEAH. And I haven't yet drawn winners for my massive book-giveaway---but I will! I've been sooooo focused on this that I haven't had time to get the names organized in a list...and that's a LOT of names to organize with mutliple entries! Please don't hate me if I don't get to this until tomorrow! *ducks angry glares*

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, don't worry about the contest! I promise I won't hate you... as long as I win! Haha, just kidding.

Good luck on the home stretch!

Anonymous said...

HA Kat beat me to it - I was going to say, oh, just make it easy on yourself and pick me...

christine M said...

Congrats on fixing the plot hole!

Robyn Campbell said...

Oh man, that home stretch is soooo NICE! :)

Rebecca L Sutton said...

YAY Beth!!! That is such an awesome feeling isn't it? Give yourself a big ol' pat on the back for working so hard and accomplishing so much. I think going back and reworking a story that was pretty much finished is one of the hardest things I've encountered on my writing journey.

Good luck on the home stretch! I'll be cheering for you!

Traci said...

YAY on fixing the plot hole! I can't wait until I'm in the home stretch, but then what would I do? :-/

Keri Mikulski said...

Great stuff! :) Enjoy!

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Now I see why you said you understood on Facebook... yeah, rewrites can suck. Exciting, but looooots of work.

Samantha Elliott said...

If it is a train, at least you'll be put out of your misery?

Sorry, I just can't help but point out the silver lining. ;)

Seriously, though, congrats on the Eureka! moment. I love those.

Danyelle L. said...

Yay for fixing major plot holes! You've done an awesome job! Keep up the good work. :D

Unknown said...

Congrats to you for being persistant and for having the courage to delete that content - it's a hard thing to do! Good luck on finishing up the revision.

Kate said...

Well done on fixing the plot hole :)

Carrie Harris said...

It's so hard to remove that many words, but I'm glad that you're moving forward, kicking butt, and taking names.

Or something like that. :)

lotusgirl said...

Sounds like you're right on track. It's wonderful to resolve plot holes.

Anonymous said...

We'd never yell at you when you postpone for WRITING. Now if it were just chocolate... :)